Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Rain yes yes yes

Paul (our landlord and neighbour and friend) had his gardener clear out the gutters yesterday morning. Shlop shlop shlop....hose....stomp on the roof....shlop. And the rains commenced in the afternoon. I had managed to only get lightly sprinkled on my way to work in the morning, but riding home was a full fledged downpour in my smiling face. No splash guards on my new (used) southern cali road bike.


Drenched and feeling cleansed i arrived home put on some dry clothes, made myself some hot chocolate and happily read my book listening to pitter patter pitter patter. The first real rain here in--I don't know how many months--too long. Patrick and I both feel sparked up by the NW Coast-like weather, and my freshly planted garden bed is quite happy with it too. On Sunday Patrick and I put carrots, beets, radish, spinach, squash, arugula, lettuce, chives and nasturtium in the soil. Garlic and marigolds are on the roster, but I forgot to buy them at the garden store. So now i wait and see how it all grows. My hope is that we’ll have decent bounty by Christmas when Patrick's parents and sister+Edward will join us for the holidays.



1 comment:

  1. love the new bike shot! and i bet that rain feels good. your writing brings me right back to that place. your sweet sweet california home. sending growing thoughts to your wee garden plot! xo

    ReplyDelete